FINGERPRINTING FOR ILLINOIS PROVIDER CONNECTIONS/EARLY INTERVENTION PROGRAMS
Provider Connections is contracted by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Bureau of Early Intervention to credential and enroll Early Intervention Specialist (EIS) providers. EIS credentialing requirements include State of Illinois fingerprint-based background checks. More information about application requirements can be found in the Early Provider handbook.
The applicant will need to obtain the fingerprint-based background check Fingerprint Authorization Form from the Provider Connections/Early Intervention office at Western Illinois University.
This background check provides only a state criminal history check. The fingerprint technician will return the endorsed Provider Connection form back to the applicant after fingerprinting.
Find a Location
To get fingerprinting for Provider Connections/Early Intervention, follow the simple steps below:
Fill Out Form: Obtain the fingerprint-based background check Fingerprint Authorization Form for the Provider Connections/Early Intervention application you are submitting to Western Illinois University. Complete form with personal information.
- Find the closest Illinois Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and its hours of operation by clicking here. Walk-ins welcome! No appointments necessary at any of our sites.
- Bring the completed form, a valid, government issued, photo ID (such as a driver's license, State ID or passport). A receipt will be provided after fingerprinting that includes the name, date and Transaction Control Number (TCN).
- The Provider Connections Authorization Form will be signed by our live scan technician and returned to you.
- A receipt will be provided after fingerprinting that includes the name, date and Transaction Control Number (TCN). The TCN is used for tracking your transaction. Please retain this receipt that includes your TCN number in case there are any follow up questions regarding your fingerprint submission.
- Your results will be sent directly from the Illinois State Police to Western Illinois University, Provider Connections/Early Intervention Credentialing.
Price: The cost of fingerprinting is $38.00. We do not accept cash or personal checks. All major credit cards and money orders are accepted. Click here to view the complete list of payment terms.
- Your prints are sent electronically to the Illinois State Police for the background check. The results will be forwarded directly from the ISP to the designated Illinois Requestor Agency.
- If you need to follow up on the status of your prints, you must contact the Illinois State Police (ISP). The ISP prefers an email contact at email@example.com; to contact the ISP by phone call 815-740-5160, then select option #2. You will be asked to provide the date of fingerprinting and your TCN number (the number on your receipt that references your fingerprint transaction).
- Accurate Biometrics complies with all State guidelines for the use and storage of biometric and biographic information.
Why choose Accurate Biometrics to take your fingerprints for EIS credentialing?
- 20 years of education fingerprinting experience.
- Illinois’ largest and most trusted fingerprint service.
- Our service is guaranteed.
- We have a less than 1% fingerprint rejection rate, based on 2% ISP standard.
- Convenient locations across the state, no appointment needed.
- We will transmit your fingerprints to ISP the same day they are processed.
- Dedicated staff to serve applicants regarding all aspects of the fingerprint process.
- Data security and technology standards compliant with FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) standards.
For additional assistance, please call our customer service department at 866-361-9944 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.