Illinois Physician and Chiropractor Licensure
Accurate Biometrics is a licensed fingerprint vendor providing access to State and FBI fingerprint-based background checks for applicants applying for a Physician or Chiropractor License in Illinois through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations (IDFPR).
Accurate Biometrics is a trusted live scan fingerprint provider with nearly 20 years of experience. We offer fast, convenient walk-in service at over 40 locations in Illinois. Let us help you navigate the background check process. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get fingerprinting for physician or chiropractor licensure, follow the simple steps below:
Fill Out Form:
- Obtain a Fingerprint Authorization Form from the link provided here. It also available at all fingerprint locations and can be completed onsite.
- Complete the form with your personal information.
- Find the closest Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and its hours of operation by clicking here. No appointments necessary at any of our sites!
- What to Bring: Bring the completed form, a valid, government issued, picture ID (such as a driver's license, State ID or passport) and approved form of payment* if required.
- Accurate Biometrics will capture your fingerprints and transmit the fingerprint record, by the next day to the Illinois State Police. A fingerprint services receipt noting the required Transaction Control Number (TCN) will be provided to the applicant at the completion of the fingerprint capture process. The TCN is used for tracking your transaction. Please retain this receipt that includes your TCN number in case there are any follow up questions regarding your fingerprint submission.
- The Illinois State Police will process the fingerprint record and report the results directly to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
- Be sure to retain the fingerprint receipt you receive from the fingerprint technician. It will contain the Transaction Control Number (TCN) that may be needed when you are completing your licensing application with IDFPR.
*Price: The cost of fingerprinting is $65.00. We do not accept cash or personal checks. All Major credit cards and money orders are accepted. Click here to view complete list of payment terms.
Special user agreement pricing available. Please contact our Account Management Team at 773-685-5832 or email@example.com to get details on saving money for your agency or organization.
Obtain a FBI fingerprint card from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations (IDFPR) or use the link provided here to download a pdf of the FBI form. It is acceptable to print the FBI form (FD-258) on standard white printer/copy paper.
International Applicant Note: International applicants must use the standard FBI FD-258 fingerprint card form; do not submit fingerprints on non-FBI fingerprint card forms.
Have fingerprints taken and placed on FBI (FD-258) card or printed form, using ink and roll, or obtain an electronically produced ink card from any authorized fingerprint provider (local law enforcement agency or licensed fingerprint vendor).
- The card must be filled out completely at the time of fingerprinting.
- Required information includes: full name, date of birth, home address, sex, height, weight, hair color, eye color, place of birth, reason fingerprinted, social security number, signature of official taking the prints, signature of person fingerprinted, date. A key to the correct code to use for sex, eye color and hair color can be found here.
- ”Reason Fingerprinted” on the card should specify "Physician”, "Physician by Endorsement", "Chiropractor” or "Chiropractor by Endorsement".
- Do not sign the card before fingerprinting! Both you and the fingerprinting agent will sign the card at the time of the fingerprinting.
- For questions, please call customer service at 866-361-9944 email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download an Identity Verification Certifying Statement and have the authorized fingerprint provider complete section 2 of the Identity Verification Certifying Statement as required by the Illinois State Police. The Identity Verification Certifying Statement must be completed at the time of fingerprinting.
- Download and fill out the Out-of-State Fingerprinting Form. You must include your phone number or email address in the event we need to contact you regarding your fingerprint card. If you include your email address, you will receive a receipt indicating the Transaction Control Number (TCN) for your submission.
Send the completed Out-of-State form, the Identity Verification Certifying Statement, the fingerprint card and payment of $65 (price includes ALL collection fees, State fees—if applicable, and any local taxes, if applicable) by one of the following methods:
- Money order or company check (NO PERSONAL CHECKS) payable to Accurate Biometrics. Be sure to include the full name of the applicant on the money order or company check.
- For credit card payments, print the Credit Card Payment Form and include it in your mailing.
- Be sure to include the expiration date and three digit security code of the credit card that you are using.
Check to be sure to include the following items when mailing your fingerprint card for processing:
- Completed FBI format fingerprint card.
- Completed Out-of-State Fingerprinting Form
- Completed Identity Verification Certifying Statement
- Payment-Money Order, Company Check or Credit Card Payment Form (NO PERSONAL CHECKS)
Accurate Biometrics – Physicians/Chiropractors
500 Park Blvd, Suite 1260
Itasca, IL 60143
Find a Location
Sample FBI FD-258 fingerprint form. Download here if you need a copy.
- We will process your fingerprint card, convert it to a digital format, and send it electronically to the Illinois State Police and FBI for the background check. The results will be forwarded directly from the ISP to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations.
- Do Not send any part of your licensing application to Accurate Biometrics. Licensing applications must be sent to the state agency that issues the license.
- Your Fingerprint card and accompanying forms will be shredded after we have confirmed a successful receipt of the images by the Illinois State Police.
- For all Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation licensure applicants: If you do not receive a fingerprint receipt from Accurate Biometrics via email within 2 weeks of having mailed the fingerprint card, please call our customer service department at 773-685-5699.
Why choose Accurate Biometrics to take your fingerprints for Physician or Chiropractor Licensing?
- nearly 20 years of live scan fingerprinting experience.
- Illinois’ largest and most trusted fingerprint service.
- We have a less than 1% fingerprint rejection rate, based on 2% ISP standard.
- We have convenient locations across the state.
- We will transmit your fingerprints to ISP the same day.
- Dedicated back office staff to serve applicants regarding all aspects of the fingerprint process.
- Data security and technology standards compliant with FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) standards.
For additional assistance, please call our customer service department at 866-361-9944 or email at email@example.com.