Illinois Nursing License Fingerprinting
Accurate Biometrics offers fast, secure, easy live scan fingerprinting for Illinois nursing licensure. State and FBI Federal fingerprint-based background checks are required by the Board of Nursing (BON) under the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR).
In-state applicants, we offer walk-in live scan service at over 40 locations in Illinois. Find a convenient location near you:
Find A Location
We are also authorized by the state to process ink cards for out-of-state and international applicants. Scroll down to find the out-of-state applicant instructions below the in-state instructions.
Applicants for Illinois for nursing licensure, follow the simple steps below:
Download Fingerprint Authorization Form
- Download the Fingerprint Authorization Form above and complete the form with your required personal information.
- Find a convenient Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and hours of operation by clicking here. No appointments necessary!
- Bring a valid government-issued photo ID to an Accurate Biometrics Fingerprint location. (Driver’s license, state ID, passport, etc.) and payment if required*.
- We will capture your fingerprints and transmit them, the same day, to the Illinois State Police. A fingerprint services receipt noting the assigned Transaction Control Number (TCN) will be provided to the applicant at the completion of the fingerprint capture process.
- The Illinois State Police will process the fingerprint record and report the results directly to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
- Be sure to retain the fingerprint receipt you receive from the fingerprint technician. It will contain the Transaction Control Number (TCN) that may be needed when you are completing your licensing application with IDFPR.
*We require a payment of $65.00 at the time of fingerprinting. This price includes State and FBI processing fees. We do not accept cash or personal checks. All major credit cards and money orders are accepted. Click here to view the complete list of payment terms.
Download Out-of-state Forms Packet
Download and print out the forms in the packet above. Detailed instructions for filling out the Out-of-state Fingerprint Application forms are included in the forms packet. Here is an overview of the application steps:
Print out two copies of the standard FBI FD-258 fingerprint card form. It is acceptable to print the FBI FD-258 form on standard white printer/copy paper.
International Applicant Note: International applicants must also use the standard FBI FD-258 fingerprint card form; do not submit fingerprints on non-FBI fingerprint card forms.
Have two sets of fingerprints taken and placed on the FBI FD-258 card or printed form, using the ink and roll process. Mark “RN” or “LPN” as the reason for fingerprinting.
Note: We will also accept fingerprint cards created by printing on to the cards from an electronic capture by an authorized fingerprint provider such as a local law enforcement agency or licensed fingerprint contractor.
- The applicant only fills out Section 1 of the Identity Verification Certifying statement (OOS-FP). Section 2 is filled out by the law enforcement or fingerprinting agent at the time of fingerprinting.
- Fill out the Out-of-state Fingerprinting Form. You must include your phone number or email address in the event we need to contact you regarding your fingerprint card.
- We require a payment of $65.00 included with the application. Credit card payment is preferred. We do not accept cash or personal checks. All major credit cards and money orders are accepted. Click here to view the complete list of payment terms.
- Check to be sure to include the following items when mailing your fingerprint card for processing:
- Completed FBI FD-258 format fingerprint card.
- Completed Out-of-state Fingerprinting Form
- Completed Identity Verification Certifying statement (OOS-FP)
- Payment-Money Order, Company Check or Credit Card Payment Form (NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS)
Accurate Biometrics – Nursing License
500 Park Blvd, Suite 1260
Itasca, IL 60143
Special user agreement pricing available. Please contact our Account Management Team at 866-361-9944 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get details on saving money for your agency or organization.
For Status On Your Nursing Licensing Fingerprint Transaction
For all IDFPR/BON licensure applicants: If you do not receive a fingerprint receipt from Accurate Biometrics via email within 2 weeks of having mailed the fingerprint card, please call our customer service department at 866-361-9944.
If we verify that your prints have been processed and your requesting agency has not received a response from the Illinois State Police (ISP), you can contact the ISP for an update. You must have the Transaction Control Number from your receipt
The ISP prefers an email request at email@example.com; to contact the ISP by phone call 815-740-5160, then select option #2.
- We will process your fingerprint card, convert it to a digital format, and send it electronically to the Illinois State Police and FBI for the background check. The results will be forwarded directly from the ISP to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- Do not send any part of your licensing application to Accurate Biometrics. Licensing applications must be sent to the state agency that issues the license.
- Your fingerprint card and accompanying forms will be shredded after we have confirmed a successful receipt and processing of the fingerprints by the Illinois State Police.
- Accurate Biometrics complies with all State and Federal guidelines for the use and storage of biometric and biographic information.
Sample FBI FD-258 fingerprint form. Download
here if you need a copy.
Why choose Accurate Biometrics to take your fingerprints for Nurse Licensing?
- 20 years of healthcare live scan fingerprinting experience.
- Illinois’ largest and most trusted fingerprint service.
- Our service is guaranteed
- We have a less than 1% fingerprint rejection rate, based on 2% ISP standard.
- Convenient locations across the state, no appointment needed.
- We will transmit your fingerprints to ISP the same day they are processed.
- Dedicated staff to serve applicants regarding all aspects of the fingerprint process.
- Data security and technology standards compliant with FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) standards.
For additional assistance, please call our customer service department at 866-361-9944 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.