National Child Protection Act
All Applicants under the National Child Protection Act will follow these simple steps:
Fill out form:
- Obtain a valid Fingerprinting Authorization Form from your company/organization
- Complete the Authorization Form with your personal information.
- Find the closest Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and its hours of operation by clicking here. No appointments necessary at any of our sites!
- What to Bring: Bring the completed form, a valid, government issued, picture ID (such as a driver's license, State ID or passport) and approved form of payment* if required.
- A receipt will be provided after fingerprinting that includes the name, date and Transaction Control Number (TCN). The TCN is used for tracking your transaction. Please retain this receipt that includes your TCN number in case there are any follow up questions regarding your fingerprint submission.
- The results of the criminal history check will be sent by the Illinois State Police to the company/organization requesting them on the form you presented. At no time will Accurate Biometrics receive the criminal history response.
*Price: The cost of fingerprinting will either be paid by the applicant at the time of fingerprinting OR billed to the company/organization. We do not accept cash or personal checks. All Major credit cards and money orders are accepted. Click here to view complete list of payment terms.*
Special user agreement pricing available.
Applicants, please call toll free at 866-361-9944 with questions, or send an email to email@example.com.
Find a Location
The National Child Protection and Volunteers for Children Act
The National Child Protection Act of 1993 (NCPA), Public Law 103-209, specifically permits qualified entities to submit fingerprint based Illinois State Police (ISP) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal history record inquiries regarding individuals that provide care, treatment, education, training, instruction, supervision or recreation to children, the elderly or people with disabilities.
For complete information regarding the National Child Protection Act, please click here.
Example of organizations using the National Child Protection Act:
- After School Programs (YMCA/YWCA, Child Development Centers, Teen REACH Programs, etc.)
- Instructional/Recreational (art, music, dance, language and technology)
- Tutors and Mentoring Programs
- Youth Outreach Programs
- Youth Groups (Boy/Girl Scouts, Big Brothers/Sisters, Boys and Girls Clubs, etc.)
- Youth Outreach Programs
- Community Programs
- Church and Faith Based Programs
- For children, the elderly and the disabled
- Illinois Camps
- Sports/Coaching Programs
The company or organization will need to set up an account after receiving an ORI by contacting the Account Management Team at 773-685-5832. Once an account is established, Accurate Biometrics will provide a customized fingerprinting form for the school or organization that the applicants will need to bring for fingerprinting.
Why choose Accurate Biometrics to take your fingerprints for Child Protection
- Nearly 20 years of live scan fingerprinting experience.
- Illinois’ largest and most trusted fingerprint service.
- We have a less than 1% fingerprint rejection rate, based on 2% ISP standard.
- We have convenient locations across the state.
- We will transmit your fingerprints to ISP the same day.
- Dedicated back office staff to serve applicants regarding all aspects of the fingerprint process.
- Data security and technology standards compliant with FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) standards.