Medical School Matriculant Fingerprinting
Accurate Biometrics offers fast, secure, easy live scan fingerprinting for Illinois medical school matriculants.†
Before matriculants can be fingerprinted, the medical school will need to contact the Illinois State Police to issue an Originating Requester Identification (ORI) Number if the organization does not already have one. An ORI number is required before applicants can be fingerprinted for a background check.
In-state applicants, we offer walk-in live scan service at over 40 locations in Illinois. Find a convenient location near you:Find a Location
Medical School Matriculants will follow these simple steps for fingerprinting:
Fill out form:
- Obtain a valid Fingerprinting Authorization Form from your medical school.
- Complete the Authorization Form with your personal information.
- Find the closest Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and its hours of operation by clicking the button above. No appointments! Walk-in service at all Accurate Biometrics locations.
- Bring a valid government-issued photo ID to an Accurate Biometrics Fingerprint location. (Driver’s license, state ID, passport, etc.) and payment if required*.
- A receipt will be provided after fingerprinting that includes the name, date and Transaction Control Number (TCN). The TCN is used for tracking your transaction. Please retain this receipt that includes your TCN number in case there are any follow up questions regarding your fingerprint submission.
- The results of the criminal history check will be sent by the Illinois State Police to the medical school requesting them on the form you presented.
*We require payment at the time of fingerprinting if the fingerprinting fee is not covered by the medical school. This price includes State and FBI processing fees. We do not accept cash or personal checks. All major credit cards and money orders are accepted. Click here to view the complete list of payment terms.
Out-of-state applicants may apply by mail as long as they have the Fingerprint Authorization Form from the medical school they wish to attend. Print out the forms packet and follow the by-mail steps below.
Print out two copies of the standard FBI FD-258 fingerprint card form. It is acceptable to print the FBI FD-258 form on standard white printer/copy paper.
International Applicant Note: International applicants must also use the standard FBI FD-258 fingerprint card form; do not submit fingerprints on non-FBI fingerprint card forms.
Have two sets of fingerprints taken and placed on the FBI FD-258 card or printed form, using the ink and roll process. Mark “MSM” as the reason for fingerprinting.
Note: We will also accept fingerprint cards created by printing on to the cards from an electronic capture by an authorized fingerprint provider such as a local law enforcement agency or licensed fingerprint contractor.
The applicant only fills out Section 1 of the Identity Verification Certifying statement (OOS-FP). Section 2 is filled out by the law enforcement or fingerprinting agent at the time of fingerprinting.
Fill out the Out-of-state Fingerprinting Form. You must include your phone number or email address in the event we need to contact you regarding your fingerprint card.
We require payment included with the application if the fingerprinting fee is not covered by the medical school. (Check with the medical school for their price.) This price includes State and FBI processing fees. We do not accept cash or personal checks. All major credit cards and money orders are accepted. Click here to view the complete list of payment terms.
Check to be sure to include the following items when mailing your fingerprint card for processing:
- Completed FBI FD-258 format fingerprint cards
- Completed Fingerprinting Authorization Form from the medical school
- Completed Identity Verification Certifying statement (OOS-FP)
- Payment-Money Order, Company Check or Credit Card Payment Form (NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS)
Accurate Biometrics – MSM
500 Park Blvd, Suite 1260
Itasca, IL 60143
- Accurate Biometrics – MSM
Special user agreement pricing available.
Save money for your medical school. Please contact the Account Management Team at 773-685-5832 to learn how to obtain an ORI and set up an account. Once an account is established, Accurate Biometrics will provide a customized fingerprinting form for the school that the applicants will need to bring for fingerprinting.
(†) denotes quote from The Medical School Matriculant Criminal History Records Check Act
“‘Matriculant’ means an individual who is conditionally admitted as a student to a medical school located in Illinois, pending the medical school's consideration of his or her criminal history records check under this Act.”*
“A public medical school located in Illinois must conduct an inquiry into the Department of State Police's Statewide Sex Offender Database for each matriculant and must require that each matriculant submit to a fingerprint-based criminal history records check for violent felony convictions, conducted by the Department of State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as part of the medical school admissions process.”*
The complete text of the Medical School Matriculant Criminal History Record Act, (110 ILCS 57/) is available here.
Accurate Biometrics is a trusted, licensed live scan fingerprint provider. Let us help you navigate the background check process. If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 866-361-9944 or email us at email@example.com.