Illinois Real Estate Appraisal License
Licensed under the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
As a soon-to-be real estate appraiser, you have several important details to take care of before
getting licensed. The biggest, of course, is passing your pre-licensing course from an approved real
estate school. During the time that you are completing the educational portion, you will need to
apply for your real estate license with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional
Illinois State Law (Real Estate Appraiser Licensing Act of 2002, 225 ILCS 458/) and Real Estate
Appraisal Administrative Rule code (Title 68, Part 1455) support State and FBI fingerprint-based
background checks for Illinois real estate appraisal.
Real Estate Profession Titles licensed by IDFPR requiring fingerprint-based background check:
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Associate Real Estate Trainee Appraiser
- Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
- Appraisal Management Companies
Accurate Biometrics is a trusted live scan fingerprint provider with nearly 20 years of experience.
We offer fast, convenient walk-in service at over 40 locations in Illinois. Let us help you navigate
the background check process. Call our Customer Support team at 866-361-9944 if you have any
questions, or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If you are an out-of-state applicant seeking fingerprinting for compliance with
State Agencies, please click here.
To get fingerprinting for Real Estate Appraiser licensure, follow the simple steps
Fill Out Form:
- Obtain a Fingerprint Authorization Form here.
It will save time to fill the form out in advance, but the form is also
available at all fingerprint locations and can be completed onsite.
- Complete the form with your personal information.
- Find the closest Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and its hours of
operation by clicking here. No appointments
necessary at any of our sites!
- Bring a valid government–issued photo ID to an Accurate Biometrics Fingerprint
location. (Driver’s license, state ID, passport etc) and approved form of
payment* if required.
- Accurate Biometrics will capture your fingerprints and transmit the fingerprint
record, by the next day to the Illinois State Police. A fingerprint services
receipt noting the required Transaction Control Number (TCN) will be provided to
the applicant at the completion of the fingerprint capture process.
- The Illinois State Police will process the fingerprint record and report the
results directly to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional
- Be sure to retain the fingerprint receipt you receive from the fingerprint
technician. It will contain the Transaction Control Number (TCN) that may be
needed when you are completing your licensing application with IDFPR.
*Price: The cost of fingerprinting is $65.00. We do not accept cash or personal
checks. All Major credit cards and money orders are accepted. Click here to view complete list of
Special user agreement pricing available. Please contact our Account Management
Team at 773-685-5832 or email@example.com to get details on saving
money for your agency or organization.
Obtain a FBI fingerprint card from the Illinois Department of Financial and
Professional Regulations (IDFPR) or use the link provided here to download a pdf
of the FBI form. It is acceptable to print the FBI form (FD-258) on standard
white printer/copy paper.
International Applicant Note:
International applicants must use the standard FBI FD-258 fingerprint card form;
do not submit fingerprints on non-FBI fingerprint card forms.
Have fingerprints taken and placed on FBI (FD-258) card or printed form, using
ink and roll, or obtain an electronically produced ink card from any authorized
fingerprint provider (local law enforcement agency or licensed fingerprint
- The card must be filled out completely at the time of fingerprinting.
- Required information includes: full name, date of birth, home address,
sex, height, weight, hair color, eye color, place of birth, reason
fingerprinted, social security number, signature of official taking the
prints, signature of person fingerprinted, date. A key to the correct
code to use for sex, eye color and hair color can be found here.
- ”Reason Fingerprinted” on the card should specify "RN" or "LPN".
- Do not sign the card before fingerprinting! Both you and the
fingerprinting agent will sign the card at the time of the
- For questions, please call customer service at 866-361-9944 email us at
- Download an Identity Verification
Certifying Statement and have the authorized fingerprint provider
complete section 2 of the Identity Verification Certifying Statement as required
by the Illinois State Police. The Identity Verification Certifying Statement
must be completed at the time of fingerprinting.
- Download and fill out the Out-of-State Fingerprinting
Form. You must include your phone number or email address in the event
we need to contact you regarding your fingerprint card. If you include your
email address, you will receive a receipt indicating the Transaction Control
Number (TCN) for your submission. The TCN is used for tracking your transaction.
Please retain this receipt that includes your TCN number in case there are any
follow up questions regarding your fingerprint submission.
Send the completed Out-of-State form, the Identity Verification Certifying
Statement, the fingerprint card and payment of $65 (price includes ALL
collection fees, State fees—if applicable, and any local taxes, if applicable)
by one of the following methods:
- Money order or company check (NO PERSONAL CHECKS) payable to Accurate
Biometrics. Be sure to include the full name of the applicant on the
money order or company check.
- For credit card payments, print the Credit
Card Payment Form and include it in your mailing.
- Be sure to include the expiration date and three digit security code of
the credit card that you are using.
Check to be sure to include the following items when mailing your fingerprint
card for processing:
- Completed FBI format fingerprint card.
- Completed Out-of-State Fingerprinting Form
- Completed Identity Verification Certifying Statement
- Payment-Money Order, Company Check or Credit Card Payment Form (NO
Accurate Biometrics – Real Estate Appraiser
500 Park Blvd, Suite 1260
Itasca, IL 60143
- We will process your fingerprint card, convert it to a digital format, and send it
electronically to the Illinois State Police and FBI for the background check. The results will
be forwarded directly from the ISP to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional
- Do Not send any part of your licensing application to Accurate Biometrics. Licensing
applications must be sent to the state agency that issues the license.
- Your Fingerprint card and accompanying forms will be shredded after we have confirmed a
successful receipt and processing of the images by the Illinois State Police.
- For all Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation licensure applicants: If
you do not receive a fingerprint receipt from Accurate Biometrics via email within 2 weeks of
having mailed the fingerprint card, please call our customer service department at 773-685-5699.
Sample FBI FD-258 fingerprint form. Download
here if you need a copy.
For additional assistance, please call our customer service department at 866-361-9944 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.