Health Care Workers
Accurate Biometrics has been a trusted provider of fingerprinting for the Health Care industry for 12 years. We were originally selected by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to implement the pilot program for the Federal Health Care Worker Registry in 2007, and we have been a leader in Health Care fingerprinting for nearly 20 years. We are an approved IDPH vendor to support the fingerprinting of non-licensed Health Care Workers.
We are experts in assisting clients and applicants with fingerprinting and background checks. We offer fast, convenient walk-in service at over 40 locations in Illinois for your applicants. Let us help you navigate the fingerprinting process.
To contact the an IDPH specialist, contact our Account Management Team at 773-685-5832 or email to email@example.com
IDPH Health Care Worker Fingerprint Background Check
Obtain a valid Live Scan Request Form for the Illinois Department of Public Health from the facility/agency that has asked you to be fingerprinted.
- This form must be completed by the facility through the Health Care Registry. Please review that your Name, Social Security Number and Birth Date are correct on the form. We are not able to correct personal data on the form through the fingerprint submission process.
Click here for a fingerprinting location near you. Our website has chat service available, or you can call toll free at 866-361-9944 with questions.
- No appointments are necessary at any of our sites.
Bring the completed form and a valid, government issued, picture ID, (such as a driver’s license, State ID or passport).
- Payment Terms *
- Please check with your employer to learn if payment is due at time of fingerprinting service.
You will be given a computer-generated receipt upon completion of the fingerprinting process complete with your Transaction Control Number (TCN).
- Your results will be sent directly from the Illinois State Police to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Your employer will retain your fingerprint receipt for their files.
- The Illinois Department of Public Health will provide the results to the facility that required you to be fingerprinted and also update the IDPH Health Care Worker Registry.
Health Care Worker Fingerprint Background Check Process
Find a Location
- Your facility/agency must first register with IDPH before sending applicants for fingerprinting. Go to http://portalhome.dph.illinois.gov and obtain a facility ID.
- Facilities that choose to sign Service Agreements with Accurate Biometrics are eligible for a discounted fingerprinting rate and monthly billing service. Please contact the Account Management Team at 773-685-5832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employers must enter all new applicants into the IDPH database prior to being fingerprinted. First, the employer must print off the Disclosure and Authorization form and have the applicant sign and return. The employer can then enter the information from the Disclosure and Authorization form into the IDPH database under the Applicants tab.
- Once the applicant’s demographic information has been entered and the IDPH data entry process completed, the employer will be able to print the Live Scan Request Form. This form is uniquely generated after each applicant registration in the Health Care Worker Registry and is necessary for fingerprinting. The applicant will need to bring this form as well as a valid, government issued I.D. to any one of our locations to be fingerprinted. Once the applicant has been fingerprinted, they are given the bottom portion of the Live Scan Request Form as well as an Accurate Biometrics receipt.
- Results typically take approximately 48 hours to be received by IDPH. Results will NOT be returned to the applicant. The Illinois State Police will update IDPH with the fingerprint results by sending an email (to whatever email address is registered with IDPH as the PRA) as well as updating the applicant profile on http://portalhome.dph.illinois.gov/.