ILLINOIS HEALTH CARE WORKER FINGERPRINTING
Fingerprint background checks for the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) for health care workers including home health care aides, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Patient Care Assistants (PCA), other nurse aides, and others who have access to long-term care residents or the living quarters or the financial, medical or personal records of long-term care residents.
Accurate Biometrics has been a trusted provider of fingerprinting for the healthcare industry for the past 20 years in Illinois. We were selected by the IDPH to conduct the fingerprinting of Illinois Long Term Health Care Workers for the CMS Healthcare Background Check Pilot Program in 2007. We are the prefered fingerprint vendor of Illinois Healthcare Association (IHCA), and Illinois Hospital Association (IHA). Today, we are the largest supplier of fingerprint services for the Illinois Healthcare Worker Registry.
We offer fast, convenient walk-in service at over 40 locations in Illinois for your applicants. No appointment needed! Our service is guaranteed. If you need fingerprinting, you need Accurate Biometrics.
Find A Location
To get fingerprinting for IDPH Health Care Worker Registry, follow the simple steps below:
- Obtain a valid Live Scan Request Form from the facility/agency that has asked you to be fingerprinted.
Find the closest Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and its hours of operation by clicking here. Walk-ins welcome. No appointments necessary at any of our sites!
Bring a valid government–issued photo ID to an Accurate Biometrics Fingerprint location. (Driver’s license, state ID, passport etc) and approved form of payment* if required.
Accurate Biometrics will capture your fingerprints and transmit the fingerprint record by the next day to the Illinois state Police. A fingerprint services receipt noting the required Transaction Control Number (TCN) will be provided to the applicant at the completion of the fingerprint capture process.
The Illinois state Police will process the fingerprint record and report the results directly to the Illinois Department of Public Health. The IDPH will provide the results to the facility that required you to be fingerprinted and also update the IDPH Health Care Worker Registry.
Be sure to retain the fingerprint receipt you receive from the fingerprint technician. It will contain the Transaction Control Number (TCN) that may be needed when you are completing your licensing application with IDPH.
- This form must be completed by the facility through the Health Care Registry. Please review that your Name, Social Security Number and Birth Date are correct on the form. We are not able to correct personal data on the form at the fingerprint of fingerprinting.
*Price: The walk-in client fee is $40, due at the time of fingerprinting. For agency clients, the fee is determined by an agreement with your requesting agency. We require a payment at the time of fingerprinting, unless the agency is set up to be billed. We accept credit/debit cards, company checks and money orders. We do not accept cash or personal checks. Click here to view the complete list of payment terms.
Special user agreement pricing available. Please contact our Account Management Team at 773-685-5832 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get details on saving money for your agency or organization.
To get your Health Care Agency or Organization set up for the fingerprint background check process:
- Your facility/agency must first register with IDPH before sending applicants for fingerprinting. Go to http://portalhome.dph.illinois.gov and obtain a facility ID.
- Facilities that choose to sign Service Agreements with Accurate Biometrics are eligible for a discounted fingerprinting rate and monthly billing service. Please contact the Account Management Team at 773-685-5832 or email email@example.com.
- Employers must enter all new applicants into the IDPH database prior to being fingerprinted. First, the employer must print off the Disclosure and Authorization form and have the applicant sign and return. The employer can then enter the information from the Disclosure and Authorization form into the IDPH database under the Applicants tab.
- Once the applicant’s demographic information has been entered and the IDPH data entry process completed, the employer will be able to print the Live Scan Request Form. This form is uniquely generated after each applicant registration in the Health Care Worker Registry and is necessary for fingerprinting. The applicant will need to bring this form as well as a valid, government issued I.D. to any of our locations to be fingerprinted. Once the applicant has been fingerprinted, they are given the bottom portion of the Live Scan Request Form as well as an Accurate Biometrics receipt.
Note: It is important that the applicant information on the form is correct. Accurate Biometrics cannot make changes to the form.
- Results usually take 48 hours to be received by IDPH. Results will NOT be returned to the applicant. The Illinois state Police will update IDPH with the fingerprint results by sending an email (to whatever email address is registered with IDPH as the PRA) as well as updating the applicant profile on http://portalhome.dph.illinois.gov/.
To contact the an IDPH specialist, contact our Account Management Team at 773-685-5832 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is required to get a fingerprint background check for the Health Care Worker Registry?
“The Health Care Worker Background Check Act applies to all unlicensed individuals employed or retained by a health care employer as home health care aides, nurse aides, personal care assistants, private duty nurse aides, day training personnel, or an individual working in any similar health-related occupation where he or she provides direct care (e.g., resident attendants, child care/habilitation aides/developmental disabilities aides, and psychiatric rehabilitation services aides) or has access to long-term care residents or the living quarters or financial, medical or personal records of long-term care residents. It also applies to all employees of licensed or certified long-term care facilities who have or may have contact with residents or access to the living quarters or the financial, medical or personal records of residents.”
Health Care Worker Registry information from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH).
For additional assistance, please call our customer service department at 866-361-9944 or email at email@example.com