Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)
The State of Illinois requires the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) to conduct fingerprint-based background checks on all individuals living or working in a licensed childcare facility who may have unrestricted or unsupervised access to children in care. Individuals age 18 and over are subject not only to a background check which includes the Illinois Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (CANTS) and the Illinois Sex Offender Registry (SOR), but will also receive a State and FBI fingerprint-based criminal history background check.
Accurate Biometrics is the contracted fingerprint provider for all Illinois DCFS fingerprinting. An account is already set up with Accurate Biometrics. There is no fee required for our fingerprinting service.
We offer fast convenient walk-in fingerprinting at over 40 locations in Illinois. Let us help you navigate the background check process If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
To get fingerprinting for the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, follow the simple steps below:
Find a Location
- Obtain a valid DCFS Fingerprint Search Result letter from your prospective employer or provider.
Obtain and print out the DCFS Authorization Form for fingerprinting from your employer or licensing agent. Complete all of the personal information on the DCFS form, then sign and date the form.
- Forms differ based on the purpose of fingerprinting (adoption/ foster care, day care employees, licensed relative, non-licensed provider, etc.) Examples of this form include the 718, 718E, 717H, 718LE, 718 RL, 718C.
- Be sure to include the DCFS provider number when required or known.
- Find the closest Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and its hours of operation by clicking here. No appointments necessary at any of our sites!
- What to Bring: Bring the completed form, a valid, government issued, picture ID (such as a driver's license, State ID or passport). A receipt will be provided after fingerprinting that includes the name, date and Transaction Control Number (TCN).
- A receipt will be provided after fingerprinting that includes the name, date and Transaction Control Number (TCN). The TCN is used for tracking your transaction. Please retain this receipt that includes your TCN number in case there are any follow up questions regarding your fingerprint submission.
- Your results will be sent directly from the Illinois State Police to DCFS.
*Price: The cost of fingerprinting is paid for by DCFS. There is NO cost to you!
For more information on background check requirements for the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, view this pdf: