CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS (CPS) FINGERPRINTING
For Teachers, Staff, Local School Council, Substitute Teachers, Student Teachers, Charter Schools, Vendors and Volunteers
Accurate Biometrics is the contracted vendor for Chicago Public Schools (CPS) for State and FBI fingerprint-based background checks. Chicago Public School fingerprint applicants will need to obtain a valid “signed” fingerprint authorization form for fingerprinting from your HR representative of the Chicago Public School system, or as directed by your school. No applicant can be fingerprinted for CPS unless they present a current CPS fingerprint form at an Accurate Biometrics location at time of fingerprinting.
CPS Vendor Note: CPS Vendors must receive email approval from the CPS Background Check Team before starting the fingerprint process.
To get fingerprinting for Chicago Public School positions, follow the simple steps below:
Fill out Form:
- Obtain a valid fingerprint Authorization Form for fingerprinting from Chicago Public Schools
- Complete all of the personal information on the form, then sign and date it.
- Find the closest Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and its hours of operation by clicking here. No appointments necessary at any of our sites!
- What to Bring: Bring the Chicago Public Schools completed form, a valid, government issued, picture ID (such as a driver's license, State ID or passport) and approved form of payment* If required.
- A receipt will be provided after fingerprinting that includes the name, date and Transaction Control Number (TCN). The TCN is used for tracking your transaction. Please retain this receipt that includes your TCN number in case there are any follow up questions regarding your fingerprint submission.
- Your results will be sent directly from the Illinois State Police to the Chicago Public Schools.
Please click on links below for important CPS documents:
Criminal Background Screening FAQ: https://accuratebiometrics.com/files/CPS%20FAQ.pdf
Enumerated Offenses: https://accuratebiometrics.com/files/CPS%20Offenses.pdf
Find a Location
Chicago follows a school code for Cities over 500,000 (see excerpt below). Find the full Chicago Public School Code (105 ILCS 5/) here:
Sec. 34-18.5. Criminal history records checks and checks of the Statewide Sex Offender Database and Statewide Murderer and Violent Offender Against Youth Database.
(a) Certified and noncertified applicants for employment with the school district are required as a condition of employment to authorize a fingerprint-based criminal history records check to determine if such applicants have been convicted of any of
the enumerated criminal or drug offenses in subsection (c) of this Section or have been convicted, within 7 years of the application for employment with the school district, of any other felony under the laws of this State or of any offense committed or attempted in any other state or against the laws of the United States that,
if committed or attempted in this State, would have been punishable as a felony under the laws of this State.
Why choose Accurate Biometrics to take your fingerprints for education?
- 20 years of education fingerprinting experience.
- Illinois’ largest and most trusted fingerprint service.
- Our service is guaranteed
- We have a less than 1% fingerprint rejection rate, based on 2% ISP standard.
- Convenient locations across the state, no appointment needed.
- We will transmit your fingerprints to ISP the same day they are processed.
- Dedicated staff to serve applicants regarding all aspects of the fingerprint process.
- Data security and technology standards compliant with FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) standards.
Let us help you navigate the background check process. For additional assistance, please call our customer service department at 866-361-9944 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.