Chicago Public Chauffeur and Public Passenger Vehicle License
Accurate Biometrics is a City of Chicago Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) approved fingerprint-based background check agency. A State and FBI fingerprint-based background check is required to obtain licensing in Chicago for all public passenger vehicles. Examples of a public passenger vehicles include, but are not limited to: taxis, cabs, livery vehicles and horse drawn carriages.
Accurate Biometrics is a trusted live scan fingerprint provider with nearly 20 years of experience. We offer fast, convenient walk-in service at 5 locations in the Chicagoland area, with over 40 locations throughout the state. Let us help you navigate the background check process. We are here to help. If you have any questions for our Customer Service team, call 866-361-9944, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accurate Biometrics will provide the required fingerprinting form to applicants when they stop by one of our locations for fingerprinting. Our fee for fingerprinting is $65.00.
To get fingerprinting for a City of Chicago Public Chauffeur or a Public Passenger Vehicle license, follow the simple steps below:
Find a Location
- Click here to find an Accurate Biometrics location near you
- Fill out Form: Complete a Fingerprint Authorization Form that is available to download by clicking here and is also available at all fingerprint locations and can be completed onsite.
- What to Bring: Bring the completed form, a valid, government issued, picture ID (such as a driver's license, State ID or passport) and approved form of payment. Click here to view complete list of payment terms
- A receipt will be provided after fingerprinting that includes the name, date and Transaction Control Number (TCN). The TCN is used for tracking your transaction. Please retain this receipt that includes your TCN number in case there are any follow up questions regarding your fingerprint submission.
- Your results will be sent to the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection for the City of Chicago.