Adam Walsh Act
All applicants under the Adam Walsh Act will follow these simple steps:
Fill out form:
- Obtain a valid Fingerprinting Authorization Form from your company/organization
- Complete the Authorization Form with your personal information.
- Find the closest Accurate Biometrics fingerprint location and its hours of operation by clicking here. No appointments necessary at any of our sites!
- What to Bring: Bring the completed form, a valid, government issued, picture ID (such as a driver's
license, State ID or passport) and approved form of payment* if required.
- A receipt will be provided after fingerprinting that includes the name, date and Transaction Control
Number (TCN). The TCN is used for tracking your transaction. Please retain this receipt that
includes your TCN number in case there are any follow up questions regarding your fingerprint
- The results of the criminal history check will be sent by the Illinois State Police to the
company/organization requesting them on the form you presented. At no time will Accurate Biometrics
receive the criminal history response.
*Price: The cost of fingerprinting will either be paid by the applicant at the time of fingerprinting OR
billed to the company/organization. We do not accept cash or personal checks. All Major credit cards and
money orders are accepted. Click here to view
complete list of payment terms.*
Special user agreement pricing available.
Please contact our Account Management Team at 773-685-5832 or email@example.com to get
details on saving money for your agency or organization.
Find a Location
The Adams Walsh Act
The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (PL 109-248) is a federal act which was signed
into law on July 27, 2006. Section 151 and 153 of the act require the U.S. Attorney General to ensure
access to Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) national criminal history record information by (1)
governmental social service agencies with child protection responsibilities, (2) child welfare agencies,
and (3) public and private elementary and secondary schools and state and local educational agencies.
For complete information regarding the Adam Walsh Act, please click here.
Example of organizations using the Adam Walsh Act:
The company or organization will need to set up an account after receiving an ORI by contacting the
Account Management Team at 773-685-5832. Once an account is established, Accurate Biometrics will
provide a customized fingerprinting form for the school or organization that the applicants will need to
bring for fingerprinting.
Why choose Accurate Biometrics to take your fingerprints for Child Protection
- Over 20 years of live scan fingerprinting experience.
- Illinois’ largest and most trusted fingerprint service.
- We have a less than 1% fingerprint rejection rate, based on 2% ISP standard.
- We have convenient locations across the state.
- We will transmit your fingerprints to ISP the same day.
- Dedicated back office staff to serve applicants regarding all aspects of the fingerprint process.
- Data security and technology standards compliant with FBI Criminal Justice Information Services
For additional assistance, please call our customer service department at 866-361-9944 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.