Department of Elder Affairs Fingerprint-based Level 2 Background Checks
FDLE Approved Live Scan Vendor
The Department of Elder Affairs (DOEA) requires background screening for persons working with vulnerable senior populations, such as housekeepers, meal service, personal service and special programs.
The DOEA uses a statewide screening database called “The Clearinghouse”. The Clearinghouse allows the results of the criminal history check to be shared with different state agencies when a person enters into a contract that requires a State and national fingerprint-based criminal history check.
Types of facilities requiring Level 2 background checks under DOEA include:
Assisted Living Facilities (ALF) licensing and ALF specialty licenses:
- Extended congregate care (ECC)
- Limited nursing services (LNS)
- Limited mental health (LMH)
- Adult Day Care Centers
- Adult Family Care Home
- Nursing Homes
- Senior Housing
- State Veterans Nursing Home
For more information on DOEA licensing, visit: http://elderaffairs.state.fl.us/index.php
Accurate Biometrics is a trusted live scan fingerprint provider with nearly 20 years of experience. We offer fast, convenient walk-in service at our Tampa location. We also offer mobile on-site service for groups of 20 or more in the Tampa Bay area. Let us help you navigate the background check process. Call our Account Management Team at 813.586.3400 or email email@example.com for more information.
Follow these simple steps to complete your level 2 fingerprint background check requirement:
Find a Location
The company that is requesting your Level 2 background check has to go on the Department of Elder Affairs Clearinghouse web Portal and generate a level 2 background check request.
After they have registered you into the Department of Elder Affairs Clearinghouse portal they must provide you with a Live Scan Request Form that the system automatically generates with an ORI number and a Screening ID number.
- Bring in your Live Scan Request Form along with your current (not expired) driver’s license, government issued identification card, or passport to Accurate Biometrics at 5005 W. Laurel Street, Ste. 111, Tampa, or call us at (813) 586-3400 if you have any questions.
- The fingerprint and photo are captured by Accurate Biometrics then sent to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). FDLE then sends the fingerprints to the FBI for their nationwide processing. The results are then disseminated back to the Department of Elder Affairs Clearinghouse.
- Accurate Biometrics will provide you with a Transaction Control Number (TCN) report that verifies your live scan submission has been processed. The TCN number can be given to the company that is requesting the background check as it will help them track results. Once the results are received from FDLE, the average processing time for clearance is approximately 3-5 business days.